The Thanksgiving season is a time for reflection & gratitude. Razi & I have so much to be thankful for as we look back, and so much to be excited about as we look ahead. We are truly blessed.
We are deeply grateful to:
- Our Member Community: Your enduring loyalty got us through the pandemic, and your energy, sweat & love continually motivate us to make Joya a premier & ever-evolving wellness community.
- Our Instructors: Your masterful workouts always “hiit” the sweet spot where your students have fun while they work hard. We are in awe of your passion, creativity & positivity, and the loving rapport that you establish with your students.
- Our Student Care Team: You do the dirty work to keep our studios clean, make our members feel welcome & work around the clock to meet our members’ needs.
- Our Team Leads: Your modality expertise, leadership skills & motivational mojo are essential to mentoring our instructors and instilling the Joya culture.
- Our Joya Soul TV Production Team: You have created a thriving high-quality platform of live-streamed & on-demand classes that let our members get their Joya on whenever they want, wherever they are.
- Our Joya Management Team: You work tirelessly & with an extremely high bar to make every Joya experience as positive as possible, for everyone involved.
You are all rock stars!
Giving back to the community is central to the Joya mission. Despite the constraints imposed by COVID during 2021 we were able to:
- Offer free Yoga classes at our studios and outdoors at the Bankhead Theater
- Supported fundraisers for Livermore & Dublin schools
- Organize “Wine It Up,” a fundraising event that raised over $12,000 for two Livermore non-profits.
We are also extremely proud of our many accomplishments, highlighted by:
- Being named Best Yoga Studio in the East Bay by Diablo Magazine for the 5thyear in the row, and best cycle studio in the East Bay for 2021
- Offering AFAA and NASMA approved teacher trainings in Cycle, Joya HIIT Pilates, jFIT & Aerial Yoga (coming in December, for more information click here)
- Offering Yin Yoga teacher training via Joya Soul TV, our first ever on-line teacher training
- Offering a wide variety of workshops, from Hot Pilates to Cold Baths (the Wim Hof Method), and off-site retreats
- Celebrating our six year anniversary!
Also during 2021, Razi took on a leadership role in a major state initiative that will aid all California fitness businesses and all Californians: He joined the board of the California Fitness Alliance, a new organization dedicated to promoting wellness by providing safe and equitable access to exercise for all.
Lastly, we are thrilled to announce that we’ll be unveiling a major business expansion later this month. Wellness by Joya is coming!
We are a small, locally owned Mom-and-Pop (literally!) business that has struggled nonstop to navigate the challenges of the pandemic era. With your support, Joya has survived & we look forward to great things to come.
Each of you adds to the magic of that makes the Yoga community so special. We appreciate you all.
Deann & Razi Hasni