A key takeaway from the pandemic has been to realize the importance of adapting to circumstances that you cannot control.
For most of us, COVID-19 upended our personal and professional lives. It forced us to redefine how we worked, played, interacted with friends and family, performed routine tasks and spent our leisure time.
For Joya, COVID-19 radically changed how we offered our fitness classes and how our students participated in our classes. Upon the onset of DOVID-19, we immediately pivoted to a virtual workout model, and many of you eagerly pivoted with us. We greatly appreciate the amazing response to our Joya Soul TV virtual platform, without which our business would not have been able to survive.
Now, as we begin to emerge from COVID-19, we are ecstatic to start the transition back to the “old normal” of indoor group classes.
Particularly for those of you who may have eased up on your conditioning during COVID-19, we urge patience and caution as you return to your old workout habits. Here are some tips to get you back in the game safely and comfortably:
- If you haven’t been outdoors much, start by going out one hour at time.
- If you haven’t moved much, start with long walks/jogs or take a Joya Soul TV class.
- If you’re not comfortable with an indoor class yet, take an outdoor class (which we’ll continue to offer).
- If you’ve gained weight, start meal prepping and purge the junk food from your pantry.
- Get back into some form of routine, a bit at a time. Spread things out by returning gradually to ‘normal life.’
COVID-19 has underscored the importance of keeping a healthy lifestyle. Exercise, healthy eating and self-care are essential for keeping our immune systems strong, combatting stress & anxiety, and powering our bodies and minds.]
We are thrilled to welcome you back to our studios. You are like family to us, and we ache to be with you again. You give us a purpose in life and inspire our staff with your dedication, drive, and commitment to wellness.
Welcome back inside, Joya Tribe!
With Love & Light
Deanna and Team